[Worthy Park] Rum-Bar ‘Gold’  Ob. 45% WF87
100% pot still rum distilled from 100% molasses. Their very small cut point is between 87-85. Aged for 6-10 years in bourbon refill & first fill. A little caramel is added.
- N: Sweet cabbage,… and many more raw dirty things.
- T: Dirty briny rum which is just fine in my book. If you’re looking for ‘smooth & polished’, you’re at the wrong distillery.
- F: More sweet & sour cabbage with a briny>waxy<oiliness throughout.
- C: The Benromach of rum perhaps? If the goal of rum making [as Luca Gargano says blog], “is to capture the essence of sugar cane’s unique vegetal complex”, you can’t go far wrong here.
Scores 84 points
- C: According to Alex Kong [export sales manager, Worthy Park], this is a perfect example of the distillery’s ‘house style’ and the best selling rum in Jamaican. “Made for drinking not sipping”, he adds. The Jamaicans are on to something for sure.
Scores 83 points
With many thanks to AK and his mobile phone. See you next year!