Tomatin CS  Ob. 57.5% WB86
- N: A big leathery malt with an blatant oloroso sherry ratio. Texturally, a little creamier when reduced to 46%.
- T: Bold, full and very tasty,…. but,… here comes the sherried cavalcade. Yawn
- F: I’m exaggerating, a little. Finishes more rounded and balanced with a burnt butterscotch/corn/bourbon/sherry mixture.
- C: Heavy, basic and crude in comparison to what came after – from the independents again.
Scores 82 points
Tomatin 18yo  Ob. 46% WB85.11
- N: Creamy, metal-y, vanilla wafer and softer sherried mineral notes. Reduced to 46%: Tomato sherry & curry spices.
- T: Better bourbon to sherry ratio than the CS version, allowing the bourbon fruits to sing. Hints of sulphur ash. Reduced to 46%: No change to the profile, only maybe a little more pineapple. Creamier mouthfeel though.
- F: A lovely roundness keeps my enthusiasm pepped. Finishes with a touch of mocha and vanilla cream.
- C: Pretty decent.
Scores 84 points
Tomatin 1995/2017 21yo HL OMC #13268 50% WB0
- N: Weetabix malt steeped in oak milk. Reduced to 46%: Lambs lettuce, flint, stones and full-barley.
- T: Mash & oak driven edgy brilliance with light plasticine and dried fruits.
- F: Honey malt with a light maltiness=more dried fruits.
- C: Very decent & rounded single cask Tomatin for around £85 [Sept ’17].
Scores 86 points
Tomatin 1991/2017 26yo Whiskybroker cask #49 [btl #67/257] 54.9% WB90
- N: Marmite, yeast flakes, rubber tyres. Reduced to 46%: Cinder>dunder>bourbon with the fruits flowing.
- T: More rubber and all-sorts besides. Leaving it out to open really pays off. More bourbon-led grapefruit-sour fruits.
- F: Bourbon-led, settling nicely.
- C: Good slow ageing. Time reveals the small treasures that hint back to the 70’s classics. Absolute bargain at £66 [August ’17].
Scores 87 points